Sunday 16 February 2014

Making A Pinboard

Hi guys! I am in the blogging FULL SWING at the moment! 
Now, as you have noticed, my last post was all those little things which went up yesterday. In that post I promised a new post on a quick DIY that any collector could make to keep track of their collections! 

This is what I wanted to show you. 
I made this Pinboard a couple of months ago in Autumn. 
It has all the latest info on my village :)
In the corners you can see cute drawings of the Periwinkle family I drew myself and trust me, it took ages to master the body shape and ears along with finding a matching detail for each item of clothing!
In the centre of the board is my membership to the collectors club certificate.
I joined the collectors club in 2012, and so far I have renewed my membership twice! the first time, I chose Troy and Zoe, the mayor and mayoress of Cornwood (Dante cream cats) 
And the second time I chose Constance and Spud, the seadogs wife and son.
They are so happy they have been given a loving home ! :) 
On the left hand side, I have my collectors badge;
And then, I have some pieces of paper.
In my last post, I mentioned I used a register to make sure I had everyone, well, this it! It includes all the families names and age (not for the adults of course, that would be impolite ;) ) 
Now, I am aware that you can see my not-so-glamourous foot, but this is another one of the pieces of paper.  It's all about how I constructed my village of cornwood, and some good tips and tricks.
This is the sylvanian tailor page, and I know it may be hard to read, so I might make a post on it in the future. ;) anyway, it features some nice accessories to make and it's just WONDERFUL!




Ok, so, before I end this post, I just wanted to say that  there was a bit of the Pinboard I haven't shown. It's this.
If you are a member of the collectors club, you would know that there was a design a house competition back in 2013. After entering the competition, I got a letter in the post with a package confirming that I came third in the competition, and if you have the latest magazine, in the front there is this.
Look in the 3rd prize section, and I'm second down! I really loved this whole thing, and I received a light and curtain set :') 

I hope you enjoyed this post, so thankyou for reading it :) 


Lots of love and kisses from cornwood :) 
Emily xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    It's me again :-D.
    Your pinboard looks great! It's a nice idea and it also a pretty decoration for the wall.
    Congratulations for your price! That's really cool! :-).
    Looking forward to your next post.

    Lovely greetings from Germany,
    Kyra:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Kyra!
    It's so nice to talk to a fellow collector, as I really love talking to people who share my interests!
    Luckily, every sylvanian collector is so lovely and nice!
    I went shopping today, and a post shall be up soon :-D
    Lots and lots of love,
    Emily :)

    ReplyDelete