Saturday 15 February 2014

All those little things :)

I decided that at the end of February it will no longer be winter but it will be spring, and I was walking past my beautiful set up which has taken hours and realised I haven't been giving my lovelies enough attention over the phase of five weeks, and I decided the display was looking a bit bare. After I made the waterwell, which supplies many of the sylvanians when the water pipes are cut or when they need to give the plants a water in the dead hot season of summer, I have left my sylvanians to tipple over in the small gusts of wind that come from the window in my room. And, I have found a couple of spiders (eek!) to which I removed (not killing them, of course,). I decided an little bit of a cleanup was necessary, and since it's half term, I might set up a little winter market event :) 
First off, I wanted to make some satchels for my sylvanians which could be sold at the market event by the dress shop and since I have already made some instructions on how to make bags, look up HOW TO MAKE A SATCHEL in my previous posts.

So, here is a satchel I have made previously : 
So, the first thing I did was have some sort or checklist (a secret thing I have done will link to this, and I will post it later in the week along with some other news) to note down and make sure I had all of the sylvanians and I had whole sets of families in check (a sort of register) 
I laid all the sylvanians on the grass in higher cornwood in their family groups and checked all of them with a tick on the checklist (after all, one May have gone walkies ) 
Luckily, all the sylvanians where there, so, while they where out, I did some re-organising and tidying on the houses. 
In the Mulberry residents, I made sure all the beds where neat and tidy (as I did in the other houses) and put all the books back in the book barrel, as Candy:

Is playful but loves to read and never tidies after herself, and May, the mother, and Elma, the father (May called him Elma when they where dating, and after marriage, and kids, the children called him it, along with the villagers in Cornwood, so it kinda stuck ) 
Then, I made sure the village store was all in order. (I new it would be, Zafrina and Goaty Potter wouldn't let it get out of hand ) 
And, after making sure every thing else was in order, I started to set up the display for Higher cornwood before moving on to Lower Cornwood
The boys loved a good game of football, after all, if you had no chores, and you where invited to play a good game of kids vs. adults, would you play? I would!
The choo-choo was in motion and ready to run for the babies. Mr.Periwinkle sold his award winning vegetables and his wife's cakes along with her best seller cook books sold worldwide. Camelia periwinkle sold her handmade cushions which where sold in bucket loads. she was predicted to be the worlds next best designer!
The Village Store was in full swing, selling honey, jam, fruit and veg and cooking ingredients. 
The dress shop was being sorted by Zoe Dante the mayoress and Matilda Billabong, who was Camelias role model :) 

so, that was higher cornwood, and for lower cornwood I gave the park a tidy. now, none of the villagers where criminals when it came to littering, but the wind had taken its toll and had blown over 
Some of the plants so I had to straighten them up. 
Now, the village gleamed with life and happiness :) 

I (as promised) will have another post being uploaded later in the week about a project not to do with the village but something any collector could do without batting an eyelid, so please stay tuned and I really hope you enjoyed this post as it took me 3 days, but the other one is already prepared and just needs publishing, so thankyou and come back soon!

Ps, I am launching a weekly contest where you vote which you prefer, this will be done in a few days and I have one running already about what you want to see more of on my blog so please take a gander at it and leave a vote! 

Oh, and Annabel Fresian says hi. 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

4 comments:

  1. Hey :-),

    you're having a beautiful village and I really had to laugh about your winter clean up:-D.
    Oh and I just want to have the village store! It's so adorable.
    I'm curious about your next post.

    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your lovely comment! I got the village store when I visited the official London Shop for sylvanians in August and got it then!
    I have made the post and will upload it this afternoon:-D
    Lots of love, Emily xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome:-), your site is so lovely !
      Thank you- I see I have to visit London! :-D. I'm from Germany and it's kind of hard to get sylvanian products, because we're having just a few shops and they sell just about 20 products :-(. So I have to buy everything in the internet :-D.
      Oh great, I'll take a look at your new post :-).

      Many greetings,
      Kyra

      Delete
    2. Normally, you can get cheaper prices on the internet, especially if they are pre-owned! In England,sylvanians are easy to find in any toy shop, but they never sell the full range, and the exclusives are in the official store and the website! I'm sure Germany will sell more soon!
      Lots and lots of hugs and kisses from cornwood and me! Emily xxxxxx

      Delete