Sunday 13 December 2015

Exciting news

It was late in the afternoon, and Kate Periwinkle was baking some cupcakes for the hamiltons Christmas Extravaganza a Beechwood hall. this is held every year for the adoption fund- and a Cornwood is a heavy supporter , with most of their children being adopted from it.
"These cakes are to go into the best baked good competition- and they best win." Kate announced, proudly.


"Hello mother, Peter and I are back from school." Cherry waved as she climbed up the caravan steps.
"Mother, we are only getting bigger and this caravan is only getting smaller!" Peter panted, as he struggled up the steps.

"No,that is just you eating my treats." Kate giggled. "Tell you what though, I am rather hungry recently. Children, can you go to your father at the vegetable patch and tell him to bring me back the parsley plant? I am craving parsley buns." 
"Only if we can go to my tree," Cherry ran out with her basket, throwing her yellow coat over her back. "I want to make some Cherry bake wells."


"I'll come too then, Cherry won't get mucky but I wouldn't mind." 
"Peter, you dare not get your breeches dirty. I only just washed them last night. " Kate warned.


 They had all gone, and it was just kate and nora.
 Kate huffed. "I think I should take a break- I feel a bit ill."
"Are you okay mummy?" Nora asked. She had just woken up from her nap and was dazed. 
"Yes. I am okay. Would you like to go on a walk with me, get some fresh air? Yes. I think I need some fresh air."
"Yes mummy, I will go and get my kart." Nora crawled outside to find her clacker kart to ride on and hopefully get pushed.


They headed out with a hamper of cakes in a basket - they were going to the Hamiltons to drop off the goods and some other bits and bobs in time for tomorrow. 
Notice my fake snow scene. The snow dried up and won't absorb any water so now I am truly stuffed. 


"Hello Kate! " Masie welcomed. "My dear, you best come in, it's getting colder by the day now." 
It was just Nora, Masie, Emily and Kate in the house. Peppa and Spice were at the town square. Ham had gone up to Nutwood for the day. 


Nora and Emily were preoccupied with some toys on the dining room floor while Masie and Kate were talking over tea and scones. ( Sylvanian scones have cream on the bottom and Jam on the top)


"I have been feeling really strange recently. " Kate remarked.
"Well, what are your symptoms?" Masie asked, concerned. 
 " I am hungry all the time, and my stomach is causing a ruckus. I feel sick most days, especially mornings."
As soon as Kate had said her symptoms out loud, she realised what may be the cause. 
"Well , Kate... I think I know what this may be." Masie giggled. "Oh! How exciting." 
"Let's not get ahead ... "
"Not sure? Go to Robert Fresian. He's a retired doctor. He may be a tad grumpy you disturbed him on a Thursday evening but this is a serious matter." 
"Your right. do you mind taking care of Nora for a bit? I will come and collect her later. " 
"Of course. Go!" 


Kate hurried out the house and down to the Fresian Grandparents house.
She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
Lillian opened the door. "Hello Kate.. How may I help?" 
"Is Robert here? This is an emergency. I need a diagnosis." 


"Well yes, but for goodness gracious, come in ! You'll catch your death my dear." Lillian out her arm around Kate. 
"Who is it? " Robert snapped. 
"Hello, Mr. Fresian. I am sorry to disturb you, but i am in desperate need of a diagnosis. "
"Well, sorry to snap. What are your symptoms?" 
Kate recalled them.


"Well, my dear. Lillian, call Mr. billabong. We need to visit Nutwood." 
"Oh do we? That will take an awful while. " Kate said in disparity. 
"I doubt mr. billabong will be to happy about this. Unless it's a complete emergency. " Lillian remarked.
"Well, I think I know what it is but this isn't in my area if medical expertise. Lillian, sit down with her. You were a nurse." Robert sat up and took Joby out of Lillian's arms. 
Lillian put her hand on Kate's knee. 



That night, the whole of the Periwinkle family were dining .
"I went out to the Fresian grandparents after you left, today. " Kate said to William. " I wanted to enquire to them about my excessive hunger and illness."
"And?" Rebecca asked.
"Yes mother, what could it be?" Peter leaned in, as did the rest of the family.


"Well, you see, I am expecting" 


----------

Hello everyone, and isn't this a surprise. Kate periwinkle is pregnant! I thought that a little story would be cute for it. And, well wouldn't it be marvelous if the new baby was born on Christmas Eve? 

Lots of love, Emily . Xxxxx
Please send your love and wishes to Kate and hope she has a healthy birth and pregnancy. 




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Kate and her family! What a cute story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! the best thing about it is that there may be a new house with new furniture sets needed.....
      emily xxxx

      Delete
  2. It's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. sylvanian families

    ReplyDelete