Sunday 2 August 2015

DIY Miniature Yankee Candle

Hey everyone! So, the big DIY I have planned is taking ALOT longer than expected, but good news: I managed to recover the dress one , so when I've uploaded the big DIY I will work on the dress DIY. However, while scrolling through Pinterest for inspiration , i had an idea: minature candles! The best thing is, you only need four (five for coloured) things to make one!

You will need: mini jar, a candle, matches, some string, food colouring if you want a coloured candle. (Or just melt a coloured candle)

I got a weenie jar from My local craft store, in a pack for £1. 

As you can see, it's very very small!

1. Light your candle with your matches, you need to melt your wax so it goes from soIid to liquid, making it ready to pour into your mini jar.

2. While the wax in your candle melts, cut some of your string. I used some white string. You can use a wick if you want, but these candles aren't going to really be used.

3.Blow out your candle.

4. act fast! Skip this is you want a plain candle, but when you pour your HOT wax in to your jar, pour in food colouring at the same time. (Hint: for an extra !! Add in some small sparkly glitter so it really shows off!) 
plain:(need to pour more)
Coloured:

5. Put in your string and stir the mixture. Hold your string in the middle. 
The wax should set pretty quickly.
I actually found some wax strips and replaced the string, as they were straighter. I had to hold them till the wax set.

6. VoilĂ ! A cutesy candle. You can print off Yankee candle labels and stick them on to make them extra cute: 
(I dont own this picture)

 I made two candles. One, I used food colouring and glitter, and the other I used a pink candle for the wax. You can see how they both turned out!:


You can surf the internet for other labels, but I actually enjoy the classic label aswell as the name tags 
If you saved or had a cork with the candle, you could put it on. If you want to fragrance the candle , you could give it a spritz with your fave perfume. 

--------------~---------------
I'm sorry for the late posts, but I promised a post by Sunday and I'm not finished with any others! So I just cooked this one up. (I'm sorry if you had this idea first, I wrote this on my own accord and thought process!!) :) 

Lots of love, Emily xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment